From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: OT: Wi-Fi phones (was: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Wireless Phone Connectivity)
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:46:44 -0500

No idea as yet... (either the E61 or the P990).

On 02/07/07 06:36 am, Rick R. thus wrote :
Can I used a bluetooth keyboard with that baby or does
it have an LCD touchscreen keyboard?
If yes then it looks like my kind of gizmo.

--- Lewis G Rosenthal
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

The E61 does indeed run Symbian (I use a Sumbian
phone, myself). Here's a review: http://my-symbian.com/s60v3/review_e61.php

FWIW, I'm now using a Sony P910i, and am looking
forward to my next Symbian phone, a P990i (see
http://www.symbian.com/phones/se_p990.html). The P990 is also Wi-Fi enabled. Of note is that the
P990 comes with a choice of four keyboard layouts: QWERTY, QWERTZ,
AZERTY and Russian. Now why can't I get a DVORAK keyboard for it???? :-)
As an aside (or perhaps closer to being on topic),
I've used FTP from the phone to transfer files to and from my OS/2 box.
While the P910 does not have Wi-Fi, and I've found T-Mo's data service
here in New York to be really lousy (worse in Virginia!!), the FTP and
overall web performance - including mail, obviously - has been
less than stunning. However, for moving a few files between devices, a
good Symbian FTP app gets the job done wirelessly (but without
encryption).

<snip>

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants