os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6515

Da: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] Intel Wifi 5300 chipset supported ?
Data: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 20:42:11 -0500
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi, Jan...

On 02/02/10 03:41 pm, Jan van Wijk thus wrote :
I am looking arround for a new laptop for software development,
and allthough not structly needed, it would be really nice if
it could run eCS as well :-)

I noticed that the newer high end Lenovos use an Intel 5300 chipset,
is this supported by Genmac already ?

Unfortunately, the 5000 series is one which we haven't yet been able to get to work, even in unsupported mode. The new driver architecture has proven difficult for (or more accurately, incompatible with) GenMAC 2.20.

That said, you could always pull the 5300 card and replace it with a 4965AGN or a 3945AGN.

I wish I had better news to report...

<snip>

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
visit my IT blog                www.2rosenthals.net/wordpress