From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Intel Wifi 5300 chipset supported ?
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:35:35 -0500

On 02/03/10 12:41 pm, Ray Davison thus wrote :
Ray Davison wrote:

Regarding 4965 cards, this is the best thing I found on line.
http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.jsp?q=4965+agn

Poor search.  eBay has over 100.  But are they machine specific or generic?

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A2530&_nkw=4965AGN&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1
Unknown. I know that I had a batch of 2200's and another of 2915's, and at least one or two gave Stan some fits in a ThinkPad. I was surprised, but happened to test one a few weeks ago in a T43, and the dang thing wouldn't boot up (and the 1802 fix for the earlier series does *not* work on the T43 and above).

That said, I have purchased branded Intel 3945's and 4965's, in Intel boxes, plugged them in, and not had a complaint from the machine. I can't comment on other manufacturers' tolerance, however. What notebook do you have?

Still, for $25-$30, if it doesn't work, one can always just dump it back on eBay or try swapping someone else for one which might.

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
visit my IT blog                www.2rosenthals.net/wordpress