From: "Stan Sidlov" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: sbsidlov@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Intel Wifi 5300 chipset supported ?
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:25:03 -0500

Me?  The 2200 I bought from you was to put into my wife's Toshiba which was only designed for Achereos(?) cards in the BIOS/Hardware or something like that, I had to use a blade to cut two of the contacts (this was a known) to make it work, but the physical switches on the laptop won't work (a known).  That laptop runs so hot, that the card's holders are brittle and cracking, too.

 I was thumbing through the electronic sale papers to day and laptops w/ a i7 720qm w/4G ram, 15.6" screen, 3hr battery, 500 G hd, and GT230M w/1Gb discrete memory were under a $1000. i3 versions half that.   There's going to fire sales on dual cores in the stores soon.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Lewis G Rosenthal <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
Unknown. I know that I had a batch of 2200's and another of 2915's, and at least one or two gave Stan some fits in a ThinkPad. I was surprised, but happened to test one a few weeks ago in a T43, and the dang thing wouldn't boot up (and the 1802 fix for the earlier series does *not* work on the T43 and above).