os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6526

Da: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: [OS2Wireless] Wireless driver
Data: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 20:25:39 -0500
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi, Thomas...

On 02/03/10 03:19 pm, Thomas Dennis thus wrote :
Hi All:
I finished installing eCS 7 and now need a driver
for my PCMCIA  wireless card.  It is a D-Link
DWA 645.  Would anybody know which driver from
the eCS disk I should use?  There were only two
that I could find that were suppose to be compatible
with the 520 series, I think.
The one that I chose did not work with my card.

The DWA-645 appears to have an Atheros AR5008 chipset in it. You *might* be able to get this wirking using cbenable and GenMAC's wrapper for the AR5008. Note that cbenable is *not* compatible with ACPI (AFAIK), and there is no power management available with it, so it may or may not be worth trying. Also, the setup can be rather tricky.

Andy Willis frequents this list, and he has had more experience recently with getting some PC cards working under cbenable. In the interim, you may grab that package from Veit's page, here:

http://kannegieser.net/veit/programm/index_e.htm

(And a big "thank you" to Veit for all the work he's put into so many things we use every day, and just take for granted, like the CAD popup menu, and the bootable installation CD technology for eCS.)

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
visit my IT blog                www.2rosenthals.net/wordpress