Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Chuck McKinnis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Booster Antenna
Datum: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 19:58:48 -0700
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

I use a directional antenna to provide access at my other house about 300 meters away.  Works well.  Moonblink has a wide selection of antennas.  Their prices may not be the lowest you can find, but I have had good success with their products, and they carry a lot of good info on WiFi.

http://www.moonblinkwifi.com/

J R FOX wrote:
Hi Lewis,

Would you have any comments about the usefulness of add-on
omnidirectional, high-gain booster antennas ?  Hawking, for
example, sells a few models of these.  (I wouldn't even look
around for something like that unless it turns out that I run
into signal strength issues re certain locations.)  I'm thinking
such a question would be OS-neutral. IAC, the *first* wireless connection that is going to be set up
here will be when they do the install for DirecTV tomorrow.  Their
guy that I spoke with at length in advance of this claimed that
their wireless connection would _not_ place too high a drain on
the bandwidth from the router, slowing down my normal cable
internet appreciably.  I'm hoping that wasn't a big fib !
They use this wireless connection to push their system updates,
programming grid, and VOD out to us.

Jordan

--
Chuck McKinnis