os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6540

Da: "Thomas Dennis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Driver Problem
Data: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:42:51 +0100
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi:
I'm trying to get my Laptop to work with eCS 2.0 rc7.
Since my Laptop is an older model I'm using a PCMCIA
plug-in card.  A D-Link DWA 645.  The chipset is suppose
to an Atheros but I haven't been able to establish it
as a fact.
I did download two s/w packages from Netlabs that are
for the Atheros chipset but I have not been able to
install them. The problem may be due to one of the files being
saddled with the DOS name regulation 8:3.  I have
renamed it correctly as it is on the Internet, but
one of the eCS 2.0 rc7 widgets keeps showing the
DOS file name.
Like:    GENMAC220_ATHEROS.WPI
        GENMAC~1.WPI
Where it's getting this data from I don't know.
WarpIN, which came with eCS 2.0, gives me an error
message saying that:
"GenMac could not find any network interface card in
the system!"
Can anybody tell me what the problem is?
Am I doing something wrong or left something out that
needs to be included?

Thomas