From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Driver Problem
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:44:52 -0500

Quick follow-up:

On 02/10/10 03:42 pm, Thomas Dennis thus wrote :

<snip>
I did download two s/w packages from Netlabs that are
for the Atheros chipset but I have not been able to
install them. The problem may be due to one of the files being
saddled with the DOS name regulation 8:3.  I have
renamed it correctly as it is on the Internet, but
one of the eCS 2.0 rc7 widgets keeps showing the
DOS file name.
Like:    GENMAC220_ATHEROS.WPI
        GENMAC~1.WPI
Where it's getting this data from I don't know.
Different issue. This will indeed break the installer, but that is not your problem with not finding the card. For this, try a chkdsk and then perhaps a re-download of the file.

WarpIN, which came with eCS 2.0, gives me an error
message saying that:
"GenMac could not find any network interface card in
the system!"
Indeed, it hasn't even reached the point of *wanting* the Atheros driver package.

FYI: The full GenMAC installer is located on the eCS 2.0 RC7 CD in \CID\SERVER\ECSPKGS as GENMAC2.WPI. With this, you won't need to download anything form the Netlabs site.
Can anybody tell me what the problem is?
Am I doing something wrong or left something out that
needs to be included?

cbenable. :-)

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
visit my IT blog                www.2rosenthals.net/wordpress