Gönderim Listesi os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Ar?vli ?leti #6549

Gönderen: "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Tam Ba?l?klar
Çözülmemi? ?leti
Gönderen: "Will Honea" <whonea@whonea.net>
Konu: Re: [OS2Wireless] Netgear WGR614L
Tarih: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 15:49:13 -0700
Alacak: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

** Reply to message from "Lewis G Rosenthal"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:54:27 -0500

> Hey, Will, Norm...
>
> On 02/10/10 04:04 pm, Will Honea thus wrote :
> > ** Reply to message from "Norm Metcalf" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on
> > Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:53:51 -0700
> >

> >> Thanks.  The Actiontec GT724WGR will open Port 465 only when using NAT
> >> only, it won't open with any of the three levels of firewall.  Actiontec
> >>   support says that this a deliberate design.
> >>

> > Another plus for the older Actiontec GT701WG and GT704WG units!  They have 5
> > levels for the firewall:  OFF, LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH and CUSTOM.  I run mine at
> > CUSTOM.  I've been buying up the ones Qwest used for their DSL service for
> > years at $10 - $20 each just because they are so flexible.
> >
> > One thing you might try is to telnet to the router then manually insert a rule
> > via iptables - I've used that for a couple of odd firewall cases just as a test
> > and it works here.  You'll lose that on a re-boot but I only boot the routers
> > once in a blue moon anyway.
> >

> Can't you add that to the init script?
>
> Quick Google...
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22400670-ActionTec-GT724WGR-Mapping-multiple-WAN-IPs-to-my-LAN
> mentions /etc/init.d/rcS, however re-mounting the fs as read/write seems
> to lead to a permissions error in that model. Still, there ought to be
> some way to store that firewall configuration.

I haven't tried that, Lew.  I used it as a quickie a couple of times while I
was trying to get a port forwarding issue cleared up because Qwest would assign
a new IP to the modem every time I rebooted which screwed up the test link.
I'm too cheap to go the dyndns route so keeping everyone in the loop becomes an
issue when the modems play musical chairs ;-)

--
Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>

Abone ol: Bildirim, Derleme, Fihrist.
Abonelikten ç?k