Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Driver Problem
Datum: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 9:21:34 -0500
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:33:37 +0100 "Thomas Dennis"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
>Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

 <snip>

>>> Lewis:
>>> I would love to be able to use cbenable.arj but
>>> my s/w doesn't handle it very well.  As of this
>>> moment I haven't found a plug-in for WarpZip that
>>> will unpack this file.  Do you know where I can
>>> find the .zip version of this s/w?
>> Do you need to use a GUI to unpack it?
>>
>> http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/archiver/unarj241.zip
>>
>>    unarj e archivename <Enter>
>>
>> or
>>
>>    unarj x archivename <Enter> (to extract with pathnames)
>>
>> HTH
>>

>Lewis:
>Why are you asking me if I need to use a GUI to unpack it?

I only asked because you mentioned that there seems to be no plugin for WarpZip (a GUI app) to
unpack an arj archive. I took that to imply that you may not have been comfortable working at a
prompt vs on the desktop, that's all. Apologies if I came across as
condescending; I assure you that was unintentional.

As for any advantage to arj vs zip (or lha or 7zip or bzip or gzip or rar),
none of which I'm aware. At one time, arj may have been able to compress
more tightly, but now, there are probably several better archivers
available (note my list).

Quickly responding to your inquiry of Andy: Indeed, you need to follow the
onstallation instructions in the cbenable package & then use his CONFIG.SYS
snippet as an example of how to get it configured.

Also, I'm guessing since you mentioned that yours is an older laptop,
you're *not* using ACPI. As Andy mentioned, cbenable doesn't get along well
with ACPI (APM is no problem).

Cheers/2
___
Lewis G Rosenthal