From: "Andy Willis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Driver Problem
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 08:18:26 -0700

Thomas Dennis wrote:
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:33:37 +0100 "Thomas Dennis"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
On 02/10/10 05:58 pm, Thomas Dennis thus wrote :
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
Hi, Thomas...

<snip>

You should probably review
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.netlabs.genmac.user/1187 , et seq.

Lewis:
I would love to be able to use cbenable.arj but
my s/w doesn't handle it very well. As of this
moment I haven't found a plug-in for WarpZip that
will unpack this file. Do you know where I can
find the .zip version of this s/w?
Do you need to use a GUI to unpack it?

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/archiver/unarj241.zip

unarj e archivename <Enter>

or

unarj x archivename <Enter> (to extract with pathnames)

HTH

Lewis:
Why are you asking me if I need to use a GUI to unpack it?

I only asked because you mentioned that there seems to be no plugin
for WarpZip (a GUI app) to unpack an arj archive. I took that to imply
that you may not have been comfortable working at a prompt vs on the
desktop, that's all. Apologies if I came across as condescending; I
assure you that was unintentional.

As for any advantage to arj vs zip (or lha or 7zip or bzip or gzip or
rar), none of which I'm aware. At one time, arj may have been able to
compress more tightly, but now, there are probably several better
archivers available (note my list).

Quickly responding to your inquiry of Andy: Indeed, you need to follow
the onstallation instructions in the cbenable package & then use his
CONFIG.SYS snippet as an example of how to get it configured.

Also, I'm guessing since you mentioned that yours is an older laptop,
you're *not* using ACPI. As Andy mentioned, cbenable doesn't get along
well with ACPI (APM is no problem).

Cheers/2
___
Lewis G Rosenthal
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Sent with SnapperMail

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<os2-wireless_users-digest@2rosenthals.com>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to
<os2-wireless_users-index@2rosenthals.com>
Send administrative queries to
<os2-wireless_users-request@2rosenthals.com>
To subscribe (new addresses), E-mail to:
<os2-wireless_users-on@2rosenthals.com> and reply to the confirmation
email.
Web archives are publicly available at: http://lists.2rosenthals.com

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Lewis:
It had me worried. I thought I had missed out on something that everybody
else knows about.
I'm using an IBM A22m which does what I want it to do. If ACPI is
installed on my
Laptop, I didn't do it.
I asked about .arj because it seems to took quite a bit of time to get
it setup on
my PC. And another thing I noticed is, it adds another layer of
complexity to
what ever it is you want to do with your PC.
Even WarpZip has changed since the last time I used it and it has cost
me some
time trying to get it doing what I want it to do.
I'm getting to the place in my life where I don't need to prove I'm
great. I know
it, and that's all that matters.

Thomas
Did the A22M have a pccard slot or just pcmcia slot?
Andy