Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Mike Luther" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Zyxel AG-225H and Mesh Questions
Datum: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 18:30:05 GMT
Za: "Mike Luther" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi Folks!

I have a Zyxel AG-225H USB Wireless Finder and USB adapter tool I have had for
some time now and used only to just visually scan things for the A, B and G
networks it can find.  As I understand, it can also be used as a transceiver for
actual connections too.  I've never tried that.  OK, I'd love to be able to do
that with OS/2, but as usual, the CD-ROM and so on is Windows mess.

Suggestions as to how this might be accomplished?  It is a nice unit and would
be very helpful for another project I'm about to tackle.  Or one that tackles me
(us).

Second pathway here.  One of my RV oriented friends is very much involved with
Wi-Fi connections with two OS/2 MCP2 everything laptops.  Thinkpad's, an R51 and
T43p that we fully set up with a LinkSys 45G Router and LinkSys wireless
receiver.  Which then use 'normal' OS/2 LAN connections to the DHCP addresses
furnished by the 45G router.  I originally set all this up for here and she
originally was  using the Hugh's Satellite system with the big sliced parabolic
antenna, but the cost of that per month got out of hand.  So she (we) went to RV
park Wi-Fi which worked beautifully for a long time.

Well now, many of the parks are starting to use what they call Mesh technology.
And all the setup connections we worked out no longer work.  Can someone here
point me toward a learning process for Mesh for OS/2 use.  Not necessarily for
direct embedded connection to the ThinkPad's.  But with the hard wired tools
would be OK too.

Thoughts?

--> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther