From: "Leon D. Zetekoff" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] DHCP: how to force a lease renewal ?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:46:46 -0500

On 2/28/2010 2:54 PM, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
Hi, Jordan...

On 02/28/10 02:13 pm, J R FOX thus wrote :
After using fixed-IP DSL for many years, I'm still pretty new to DHCP, which I previously only used as a Guest at others' residences
or offices. The other day, I lost the internet connection towards the end of a few-hours session.  *Every* attempted URL then became a 'Page Not Found.'  This hardly ever happened with the fixed IP + DSL, and when it did it was very obvious that it was some major event, like the local or regional AT&T broadband service being down.  (I think that is much more common around S.D., with TWC, where someone will dig up a cable somewhere in the area, and then Kablooey.)
<snip>
Under Windows, it's nigh on impossible to do this *without* the command prompt (if someone has a way, please let me know - Access Connections, perhaps, if running a ThinkPad?). Just go to a command prompt and enter:

   ipconfig /release <Enter>
   ipconfig /renew <Enter>

It should come back with your new address information after the /renew operation.

<snip>
That is an easy way on Windoze. Under GUI depends on whit incarnation. XP uou can RMB on the Wireless or wired network connections icon and use REPAIR. Another way is to RMB in the same icon and click STATUS and then click on the SUPPORT tab and then click the REPAIR button. Here you can see the results of your actions. Vista is impossible. Haven't seen W7 yet.

Leon