From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] DHCP: how to force a lease renewal ?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:09:20 -0500

On 02/28/10 04:53 pm, Julian Thomas thus wrote :
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:54:43 -0500 Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

Under Windows, it's nigh on impossible to do this *without* the command prompt (if someone has a way, please let me know - Access Connections, perhaps, if running a ThinkPad?). Just go to a command prompt and enter:

   ipconfig /release <Enter>
   ipconfig /renew <Enter>

What about what you suggested for Mac - deactivate and then reactivate the interface?

It works, though sometimes (depending upon the machine), it can take an annoyingly long time, and on one particular W2K3 server I had to work on (static address), deactivating and then activating the interface bluescreened the machine consistently...

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
visit my IT blog                www.2rosenthals.net/wordpress