os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6652

Da: <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: router issue appears solved
Data: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:33:13 MST
A: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

> From: "Sam Lewis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Message-Id:
> <CACB6322-D0F1-4FFD-94C4-E777498960ED@rollanet.org> Content-Type: text/plain; charset formatÐowed; delsp?s
>
> Do you have any network printers? I was setting up a print share with  a Linksys router and it really bogged down badly when
> printing. Some  network printers use multicast and I have seen bog down a network. Sam

 No printer, nothing other than tcpip with 3 machines attached transferring via ftp.   Current setup has 3 OS/2 boxes attached.

> BTW, are you running any proxies internally (Squid, etc.) which might  account for eating up your LAN bandwidth? When you
> first suggested the  problem, and considering the sudden onset of the symptom, my initial  reaction was that the switch in the
> LinkSys was failing, as they  typically do in these little devices. It's rather odd that you've got  two boxes behaving similarly.

 No proxies, nothing except telnet and ftp.   2 routers do behave different.  Linksys would suddenly crawl, Dynex would fly and
lock up.

> >  From Accton chip nif:
> > [MEDIA]
> >  display >  type >  strlength ?4
> > ; default >  default >  set
> UTODETECT, UTP, UTP_FD, UTP_100,UTP_100FD
> >

> Haven't the foggiest...
> Have you checked/changed your patch cable?

 Changed .nif file for cards on ftp server and client to 100 half duplex.   Transferred 7g over ftp though only in chunks.   These cheap
routers seem to slow down when pushed a bit.   Must have been something wrong with Linksys router from new (white box
special).  New router has 4 times ftp throughput.   Full duplex functioned OK between Accton/Intel with slow Linksys router.   Once
had normal speed Admtek nic seemed to balk until half duplex set.

> This is similar. (FWIW, you can access a nice bandwidth converter online  at http://web.forret.com/tools/bandwidth.asp .)

 Will check this.  Router issue appears solved!

        Cal

http://www.wisdomtree.info  Largest OS/2 applications and articles URL database