From: "Andy Willis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] dd-wrt
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 07:35:58 -0700

Sam Lewis wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 2, 2010, at 8:44 AM, "os24u" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
wrote:

Before you throw a Linksys WRT54G away, you might want to try loading
DD-WRT on it.

http:\\www.dd-wrt.com\

-- Chuck McKinnis Sandia Park, NM http://www.7cities.net/~mckinnis/

Linksys router in question is BEFW11S4. Works acceptable for internet
use. Lan ftp transfer however since new maxed at
600,000 bytes per sec. Replacement Dynex maxes at 2,420,000 bytes per
sec. Throughput in general 4 times faster. Something
wrong with Linksys box.

Just curios, but why are you ftp'ing on the LAN?
Sam
I, at least, find it far more convenient for just one or 2 files to use FTP than to either pull out a USB stick or to map a drive.  There are times I even use FTP to transfer clipboard between my eCS laptop running the FTP server and an Ubuntu laptop next to it by saving to a file and transferring it across.
Andy