From: "Mike O'Connor" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] dd-wrt
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 00:40:42 +1000

os24u wrote:
Before you throw a Linksys WRT54G away, you might want to try loading DD-WRT on it.

http:\\www.dd-wrt.com\

--  Chuck McKinnis Sandia Park, NM http://www.7cities.net/~mckinnis/

 Linksys router in question is BEFW11S4.   Works acceptable for internet use.   Lan ftp transfer however since new maxed at
600,000 bytes per sec.   Replacement Dynex maxes at 2,420,000 bytes per sec.  Throughput in general 4 times faster.  Something
wrong with Linksys box.

 Two days ago transferred 7g with new router.  Yesterday down to 7632 bytes/sec.   Less than 9600 baud.  Router was an issue
but only partial one.  As Lewis suggested thread may move to EcsTechnical list once I can narrow possible cause.  New router has
not yet solved original problem.

        Cal

Hi Cal,

Baudrate is in bits/second not bytes/second! thus not <9600 baud. (7632 bytes/sec with one start and one stop bit per byte equates to 76320 baud!) ;-)

Regards,
Mike

--
Failed the exam for