From: "Dave Saville" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Hotel problem with Asus wl-330ge
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:58:54 +0000 (GMT)
To: "os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Had an "interesting" time last week.

The hotel we were in had free lobby wifi. One needed a logon/password
from reception. After a lot of faffing about I managed to get into the
Asus and set the SSID of the lobby and no encryption. But no way could
I get an IP although all the lights were good on the asus. And nearly
every attempt to get into the asus to see what was going on resulted in
a "can't resolve xxx" where xxx was somewhere in the providers
(swisscom) network. even though I was using the ip address of the asus.
Not a conflicting address problem as the asus was on its default of
192.168.1.220 and the lobby was dishing out 192.168.4*

I tried many times with the same negative result. Another oddity was
that the only way I could get a response back from the asus when it
*did* let me in was to set a default route of itself.

Plugged in my old Artem card and whoosh - straight in - well almost.
Seems No-Script does not like these hotel system logins - I had to turn
it off.

--
Regards

Dave Saville