Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Thomas Dennis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Driver Problem
Datum: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:13:52 +0100
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Mike O'Connor wrote:
Thomas Dennis wrote:
Andy Willis wrote:
Al Heath wrote:

Pardon my (hopefully) short hijack.  I have T22 and have been using a
NetGear WG511T card  (for years now) with CBEnable, etc.  It still works
fine, but I just noticed that somehow in my playing around with various
upgrades that my config.sys now has APM.SYS, VAPM.SYS, APMDAEMN.EXE
commented out and has PSD=ACPI.PSD inserted...  I must have done something
at sometime I don't recall, but what is the "clean eCS way" to get rid of
ACPI and back to just old APM?  (As I recall, this is RC 5 on there) Or as
I've experienced no harm ... should I just not fix what ain't broke?  I
could just compare my old Warp4 config.sys to the test eCS one and manually
zap from there, but thought surely there must be a uninstall? Anyway, just
FYI I use the T22's audio line input a lot these days whereas my T42p and
T43p don't have that, and the desktop towers are too much to lug around.
Too bad some features disappear from later laptop models.

My basic question was what is the "clean eCS way" to get rid of ACPI and
back to just old APM?

Al H
If everything is working then you could leave well enough alone but all I do to switch back and forth is REM out whichever I am not using (APM or ACPI).  You could just as easily delete the ACPI entries and probably the APM is just REMed out so would just need to remove the REM.

Here are the APM lines
DEVICE=D:\OS2\BOOT\APM.SYS
DEVICE=D:\OS2\MDOS\VAPM.SYS
RUN=D:\OS2\APMDAEMN.EXE

And the ACPI ones.
REM psd=acpi.psd
REM basedev=apm.add
REM RUN=d:\os2\cmd.exe /Q /C d:\os2\AcpiDaemon.exe >d:\acpid.log
REM basedev=acpica.add

acpica.add is not used in later versions and thus may not be present.
Andy
Andy:
Does eCS 2.0 use different s/w for APM?
None of the files that you show are installed on my machine.
And there doesn't seem to be any download of APM by eCS 2.0 either.

Thomas
Hi Thomas,

You needed to have read all the options during installation of eCSV2RC?, (requires expanding all of those option-trees along the way) and selecting either ACPI or non-ACPI for APM installation. I always make sure that nothing like that gets omitted at installation time.

HTH

Mike

Mike:
Appears to be sorta hit and miss, because one of the APM files was installed
on eCS 2.0 rc7 and the neighbor next door (eCS 2.0 rc6a) had three of the
APM files installed.
Thank you for your extra effort in putting the differences between APM and
ACPI in your post so I, and others, could see it.