From: "Sam Lewis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: WRT54G
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:59:13 -0500

I too have a WRT54G and have no problems with it, as far as I know.
However I bought a WRT54GS2 last year and used it for about 6 months
with no issues.  I had turned the WiFi off altogether since I only
needed the wired portion.

I have since loaned it to a friend and set it up for them with WPA2
and have noticed when doing something intense like printing across the
WiFi to an HP DeskJet or running DNS Benchmark pings to the ISP's
gateway can take 2 to 4 seconds.  I saw this behavior before using the
WPA2 as well.

Do these newer models have underpowered CPU's?  Or do I have a bad unit?

I have the same ISP and doing the same test on my WRT54G my max ping
time is 28ms vs. 3800ms on the other router.  However I do get a few
request timeouts.

Thanks,
Sam