os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #6702

Da: <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Re: router replace
Data: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:53:27 MST
A: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

> From: "Neil Waldhauer" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 07:32:51 -0700 Subject: Wireless
> router Message-ID: <auto-000002291376@2rosenthals.com>
>
> I've been using a Linksys wireless router, a WRT54G with firmware version v8.00.0. It's worked for years, but lately, it has been
> stopping, and I've needed to unplug it, count to 10, replug it to get my line working again.
>
> Last November, we had a short discussion on this list about this router, and how it slowly cooked itself to death. Is is reasonable
> to assume that my router is "done". If so, what is a similar router good for and eCS user? I'd like to get a cheap, yet reliable

 I was the one with supposed cooked router.  Did replace Linksys with cheap Dynex router.  PPoE connection takes a bit longer
though throughput is better than Linksys ever was.   Problem with ultraslow connections between local LAN seems to the NIC.
Changed from SMC with Accton chip to an Admtek chip.

        Cal

http://www.wisdomtree.info  Largest OS/2 applications and articles URL database