From: "chekmarx" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Wireless router
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:58:17 -0400

Hi Mike,

No can do on getting a UPS as my living space is just too small as it is.  My apartment is basically three rooms - a large kitchen, a full bathroom, and a large living/bed room.  Which houses my bed, a triple-dresser (with only a tiny closet I have to keep all seasonal clothing in the dresser), a 19" flat-screen CRT television with digital cable box and DVD player, my computer desk and chair, a Mesa-Boogie Studio Caliber guitar amplifier, two electric guitars on wall hangers, my newly bought Ibanez electric-acoustic in a floor stand, a small Traynor practice amp, my large DigiTech guitar-modeler hardware, assorted effects petals and guitar cables, a nightstand, and finally a wooden floor stand just large enough to hold my Brother color laser printer.  Whew!  I'm exhausted just writing it all out ...

So as you can see, if I can avoid adding any more *physical* items that would take up floor space the better off I am ...

I bought my guitar-modeler (a DigiTech GNX3000 for full digital recording and modeling of assorted vintage and new amps along with a slew of digital guitar effects) without taking into consideration the space needed for hooking it up to my newly purchased Gene Alexander computer.  As it stands three-months later, I have to figure out the placement of the gear, as I need to run the DigiTech through the Mesa-Boogie amp's effects loop, then into my computer, also allowing for plugging in my guitar (which obviously I have to allow for the length of a full size Les-Paul guitar) into the modeler.  So basically I need to wait for those times when my back and knee problems allow for me to get down on the floor with a tape-measure and layout all the recording and computer gear.  CAD is great for playing around with various configurations, but the dimensions of everything has to 100% accurate!  So I have my work cut out for me.  Plus, just writing this up I realized I need to also allow for a stool for sitting when playing and recording since my computer chair is unusable for sitting and playing a guitar!

Yikes!

Greg

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Mike O'Connor <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
chekmarx wrote:
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Will Honea <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com <mailto:os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>> wrote:

<snip>

   Just a thought for
   you:  those puny surge protector strips are very limited but
   (especially for
   phone lines) one at the point of entry cascaded with a second one
   several feet
   away near the actual equipment reduces the surge MUCH better than
   a single
   point protection scheme.

Thanks Will for the info.  I knew that the POS strips didn't do much to protect electronic gear but I didn't know a two-strip approach would be a better route to go.  I need to get some sort of protection for my new system.  I was hoping to get something that would simply plug into a two-gang receptacle, replacing the face-plate.

Would you happen to have any suggestions for a quality piece?
(Basically money is no longer an issue.   I bought my system from Gene Alexander of EERAC Computers and want it to be protected!)

TIA
Greg

   --
   Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net <mailto:whonea@whonea.net>>

Hi Greg,

Get yourself a UPS!

Regards,
Mike

--
Failed the exam for

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)

--
"Our Freedom is supported by five boxes: Soap, Ballot, Jury, Witness, and if all else fails, Ammo."