Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Bob" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] Wireless router (mainly OFF TOPIC)
Datum: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:39:02 -0700
Za: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

** Reply to message from "chekmarx" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:48:16 -0400

> Wow!  That's all I can think to say about such a massive lightening strike
> and the negative results.  No, that's not true.  I think you just convinced
> me to do two things:
>
> 1] Buy a UPS regardless of the physical size of the unit and find room for
> it no matter what!
> 2] Get myself some renter's insurance, regardless of the monthly or yearly
> premium!
>
> If I got hit with lightening even only somewhat as powerful as you just
> described and lost my musical and computer gear I'd be looking in the
> neighborhood of $5 to $6 thousand to replace everything.  And some of the
> gear is nearly irreplaceable.  The Les-Paul guitar I own for instance
> increases in value every quarter of the year.  Models like mine run from
> $2000 to $10,000 depending on age and condition.  Gibson Les-Paul's are
> pretty much worth their weight in gold.  Go to www.musiciansfriend.com and
> take a look at the range of prices and you will be blown away.  Even their
> "Studio" models, which are basic pieces with all the sonic qualities of the
> more expensive models, they just lack the physical "beauty" of their pricier
> kin go for at least a grand and up.

I don't leave my equipment plugged in when I am done.  I even unplug my laptop
when I shutdown for the night.  I do have a UPS for my home file and print
server which stays on 24/7 but I don't know if any of the equipment would
survive a very close lightning strike.

--
Robert Blair