Gönderim Listesi os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Ar?vli ?leti #6737

Gönderen: "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Tam Ba?l?klar
Çözülmemi? ?leti
Gönderen: "Will Honea" <whonea@whonea.net>
Konu: Re: [OS2Wireless] Firmware for USB wireless sticks
Tarih: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:58:04 -0600
Alacak: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

** Reply to message from "Lewis G Rosenthal"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:13:07 -0400

> Are you saying that you can connect a USB Wi-Fi device to eCS 2.0 RC4,
> and it comes up, binds, and passes traffic?

So you WERE paying attention!  Yes, I was pleasantly surprised when I put the
last eCS RC I had access to on the laptop.  First, it came up and jumped right
onto the network with the built in card.  A first!  So I pushed my luck and
stuck in the Belkin USB device, disabled the on board wireless and booted.  Up
it came.  Never really thought it would work, but it did.  I didn't try too
much on it but it definitely got onto the LAN.  I don't recall if I tried to
get a wan connection or not but I see no reason for it not to work if DHCP got
me a default address.

That's why I asked about the Linux route here.  I'm hoping that GenMac has the
firmware files I need buried somewhere that I can get at.

--
Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>

Abone ol: Bildirim, Derleme, Fihrist.
Abonelikten ç?k