From: "Dave Saville" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Firmware for USB wireless sticks
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:37:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:58:04 -0600 Will Honea wrote:
>** Reply to message from "Lewis G Rosenthal"
><os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:13:07 -0400
>

>> Are you saying that you can connect a USB Wi-Fi device to eCS 2.0 RC4,
>> and it comes up, binds, and passes traffic?
>
>So you WERE paying attention!  Yes, I was pleasantly surprised when I put the
>last eCS RC I had access to on the laptop.  First, it came up and jumped right
>onto the network with the built in card.  A first!  So I pushed my luck and
>stuck in the Belkin USB device, disabled the on board wireless and booted.  Up
>it came.  Never really thought it would work, but it did.  I didn't try too
>much on it but it definitely got onto the LAN.  I don't recall if I tried to
>get a wan connection or not but I see no reason for it not to work if DHCP got
>me a default address.

Has anyone noticed that ECS 2.* seems to prefer to set a card up with
Genmac - Even though it is a supported card and the drivers are there?
Happened twice to me. Once on a Tpad with an Intel internal NIC and
again on a desktop with a 3Com PCI NIC. Both have working OS/2 drivers
- which I changed to.

--
Regards

Dave Saville