From: "Andy Willis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] eCS prefers GenMac
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:38:48 -0600

Neil Waldhauer wrote:
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 17:37:22 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Saville"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>  wrote:

Has anyone noticed that ECS 2.* seems to prefer to set a card up with
Genmac - Even though it is a supported card and the drivers are there?
Happened twice to me. Once on a Tpad with an Intel internal NIC and
again on a desktop with a 3Com PCI NIC. Both have working OS/2 drivers
- which I changed to.

Because GenMac works a lot better than the native drivers for a lot of tasks.
Maybe not yours, though. It would be nice to have a program list the choices.

Neil
Also because GenMac is using NDIS5 instead of NDIS2.  This allows things like Yuri's cable attach program to work which allows me to plug into wire and boot to wire and boot without wire and boot to wireless use.
Andy