????????? #6755 ?????? ?????? ???????? os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

??: "Sam Lewis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> ?????? ?????????
?????????????? ?????????
????: Re: [OS2Wireless] Hotel problem with Asus wl-330ge
????: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:28:26 -0500
????: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Dave Saville
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:09:19 -0500 Sam Lewis wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>So is your AP going from the hotels wired to wifi to your laptop? or
>>Hotel Wifi to the wired card on your laptop?.
>
> The latter.

That would be the wrong configuration for an AP.  You need to use it
as a bridge so that it is a wifi client and then have it go to your
wired port on your laptop.  Then you could use MAC address cloning in
necessary, probably not, if they didn't want to assign you two IP
addresses, one for your bridge and one for your wired NIC.

AP aren't designed to bridge.  I think Lewis told me a few years ago
if one did that then the AP's couldn't be used to connect any other
clients and that they would be locked to each other only.  So that may
be why it didn't work.

Did this configuration ever work?
Sam