????????? #6757 ?????? ?????? ???????? os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com

??: "Sam Lewis" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> ?????? ?????????
?????????????? ?????????
????: Re: [OS2Wireless] Hotel problem with Asus wl-330ge
????: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:12:23 -0500
????: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Dave Saville
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:28:26 -0500 Sam Lewis wrote:
>>On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Dave Saville
>><os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
>>> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:09:19 -0500 Sam Lewis wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> The latter.
>>
>>That would be the wrong configuration for an AP.  You need to use it
>>as a bridge so that it is a wifi client and then have it go to your
>>wired port on your laptop.  Then you could use MAC address cloning in
>>necessary, probably not, if they didn't want to assign you two IP
>>addresses, one for your bridge and one for your wired NIC.
>>
>>AP aren't designed to bridge.  I think Lewis told me a few years ago
>>if one did that then the AP's couldn't be used to connect any other
>>clients and that they would be locked to each other only.  So that may
>>be why it didn't work.
>>
>>Did this configuration ever work?
>
> Sam
>
> I said a couple of mails back that AP was a mistake, I meant client
> mode. In this mode it acts as a normal wifi card. Yes it does work -
> normally.

Dave,
I was confused, sorry about that.

But at any rate, as you described it sounds like it should have worked
fine.  The only thing I can figure is that there was an IP address
conflict, if the bridge was static IP'd.  But that would be grasping
at straws.

Maybe someone else has some ideas?

> What is a neat trick with this box is if the hotel has a *wired*
> connection that you can run it as a router and get more than one
> computer on the same IP :-)

Yep that would be handy.  I was going to get a travel router a while
back when I was traveling allot, but never got around to it.

Sam