From: "Mike O'Connor" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] invisible home WiFi
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 16:03:38 +1000

On 2010-04-04 14:42, Ed Durrant wrote:
Mike O'Connor wrote:
On 2010-04-04 12:58, Phil Parker wrote:
I have set the correct SSID, etc. as far as the XWlan configuration notebook
goes, but my new T43 can't find it.

I have MAC filtering turned on and I've entered both ethernet MAC addresses,
just in case I got the wrong one somehow for the first try.

The only thing I haven't seen how to set is the channel. The WiFi router is
using ch.1 - 2.412 GHz. How do I find out which channel(s) XWlan is searching?
Is there another setting somewhere to tell it to search channel 1?

I have the T43 sitting near the AP that receives the WiFi for this machine,
"old faithful" for many years, so I don't think it's a "blind spot".

Hi Phil,

Does your T43 have it's wireless icon illuminated. I found out with my T43-2669(B77)  that the wireless was actually disabled in the BIOS - or have you had the T43 previously with WiFi?

Regards,
Mike

The T43 isn't like the T61 and has a slider switch on the front to turn off WiFi does it ?

Hi Ed, Phil,

Not on mine - under WXP there is a keystroke combo to turn it on. but under eCS I just had to make sure the relevant Wireless settings in the BIOS were activated.on my model, IIRC, last September or so.

Regards,
Mike

--
Failed the exam for