From: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] invisible home WiFi
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 17:00:39 +1000

Phil Parker wrote:
On 04/04/2010 at 02:42 PM, "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
wrote: >

The T43 isn't like the T61 and has a slider switch on the front to turn  off
WiFi does it ?

No external or internal switch that I've found.

There's a row of icon lights aqlong the bottom right in the frame of the
screen. There's a battery and a "lightening Z", both constantly on, an HDD
activity one that flickers intermittently, a crescent (Moon I think) for
"suspend", two that look like short houses of very fat arrows that I've never
noticed light up except maybe during power-on -- one with "1"in it and one
with "A" in it.

At the far left of the row is what vaguely resembles a tower with "waves"
coming off the top. If that's WiFi, it's never been on that I've seen.

That's the one that should light blue (If I remember correctly from my old T42), If that's never come on, the driver isn't loading correctly.

You've probably said this before, but which Wifi card do you have installed, is it the Intel 2200BG that was in the T42 as well or a different one (possibly Broadcomm?).

So, how does one check to be sure WiFi is turned on on a T43?

--
Cheers/2

Ed

eComStationAustralia podcast http://eComStationAustralia.podbean.com or iTunes