From: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] invisible home WiFi
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 20:36:06 +1000

Phil Parker wrote:
On 04/04/2010 at 05:00 PM, "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
wrote: >>

At the far left of the row is what vaguely resembles a tower with "waves"
coming off the top. If that's WiFi, it's never been on that I've seen.

That's the one that should light blue (If I remember correctly from my  old
T42), If that's never come on, the driver isn't loading correctly.

You've probably said this before, but which Wifi card do you have  installed,
is it the Intel 2200BG that was in the T42 as well or a  different one
(possibly Broadcomm?).

I don't actually know.  During boot, after the lines about the GenMac Wrapper
is a line "Loaded for Device: Atheros WLAN [168C/1014]".  Does that help?

Hmm, so an Atheros WiFi card then, not Intel or Broadcom - as long as GenMAC fully supports it, no worries.

--
Cheers/2

Ed

eComStationAustralia podcast http://eComStationAustralia.podbean.com or iTunes