From: "Mike O'Connor" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] invisible home WiFi
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 22:42:30 +1000

On 2010-04-04 17:36, Phil Parker wrote:
On 04/04/2010 at 02:01 PM, "Mike O'Connor"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>  wrote:

Does your T43 have it's wireless icon illuminated. I found out with my
T43-2669(B77)  that the wireless was actually disabled in the BIOS -

How does one access the BIOS in a T43?

Hi Phil,

Back on deck again at last - just interrupt the Boot process by pressing the BLUE button on extreme top left of the keyboard - "Access IBM", then press F1 to enter the BIOS/IBM Setup screens!

I'll send you a few links to .PDF files on the Lenovo site (at the time I got them they were still hosted on IBM Servers!)

Once you are into the "BIOS" you can see what exact model you of T43 you actually have there. Mine is a March 2006 manufactured T43-2669(B77), you need that specific an ID to get the correct information for that T43!

The exact model number should also be on the underside fairly adjacent to the RAM expansion hatch and Battery.

HTH

In the interim I'll collate a basic breakdown of the available Setup menu items on mine - transcribed via my Palm Tungsten|E2!

Regards,
Mike

--
Failed the exam for