From: "Phil Parker" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] connected to home WiFi but not communicating
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 19:29:49 -0400

On 04/04/2010 at 01:40 PM, "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>
wrote:

>The client on one or both machines may not be properly broadcasting its'
>name.  I see that fairly often, especially with OS/2.

OK. For NetBEUI, *not* TCPBEUI, how does one fix that?

>Another way to check
>for machines on the network is to do a broadcast ping:
>
>ping 192.168.xxx.255
>
>That should get you a list of IP addresses of all listeners on the xxx subnet
>where xxx is the corresponding values from the IP of the machine you are
>using.

If Lewis is correct, this won't matter since I'm not using NetBIOS over
TCP/IP, just plain old NetBIOS.  Nonetheless, both machines ping each other
and each shows up on the other via "net view \\servername" with a full list of
resources (shares).

If I put a bunch of "net use" statements in a startup.cmd, will I still get
full WPS functionality for the resulting connections/shares?

--
   Best wishes,
    Phil Parker