From: "Mark Henigan" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] VOT (very off-topic)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 03:04:01 -0800

Jeffrey Race wrote:
It'll work fine. At audio frequencies the impedance characteristics
of the coax are unimportant over this short distance.  Just make
sure the plastic sheath is in good condition so there is no
leakage to ground as this would unbalance the two wires (called
'tip' and 'ring') to ground which balance is very important.  If you
have a digital multimeter measure this resistance of both sheath and center conductor to your house ground.  If over
ten megohms (the test standard) you will be fine.   If less, you
might get some hum.
<snip>

Hello Jeffrey:

I'll check it.  I have a very sensitive
multimeter; so, I'll check.  I expect to find
a very high value since the coax was installed
within the past few years.  Currently it is
attached to a splitter installed by the cable
company.  I'll probably remove the splitter
and insert a female to female feedthrough
adapter to provide the best possible signal
quality to our television.  Then I'll make
simple adapters, one with straight solid wire
to a coax female jack, another with a coax
male plug to a female modular telephone jack.
Nothing even remotely sophisticated.  But, it
should do the job.

Thanks for the info!

- Mark

Mark Henigan