From: "Dave Saville" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Tracerte, Delays and Unreachable Site
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:55:14 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 05:53:30 -0400 Leon D. Zetekoff wrote:

<snip>

>Didnt I say something like this? I work with routers and firewalls every
>day. He needs to see what ip info he's being configured with. Please run
>the tests I mentioned last night.
>
>also, note that some routers will not respond to pings/traces and this
>is normal. But in your case you're being sent someplace wrong. Again
>that seems to indicate default route. also check your routing table and
>see what's in there.
>
>What I would do is connect eCS directky to the DSL device and if it
>works there then the problem is in your netgear.

But is not the point that windows through the *same* kit has no
trouble? But in any case I am very suspicious of Netgear routers and
DNS. I would either run Bind locally or hard code external DNS servers
on all boxes. I have seen them stop serving wired connection requests
as soon as a wifi client gets connected.

--
Regards

Dave Saville