From: "Leon D. Zetekoff" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Tracerte, Delays and Unreachable Site
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 07:31:40 -0400

On 4/15/2010 6:55 AM, Dave Saville wrote:
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 05:53:30 -0400 Leon D. Zetekoff wrote:

<snip>

Didnt I say something like this? I work with routers and firewalls every
day. He needs to see what ip info he's being configured with. Please run
the tests I mentioned last night.

also, note that some routers will not respond to pings/traces and this
is normal. But in your case you're being sent someplace wrong. Again
that seems to indicate default route. also check your routing table and
see what's in there.

What I would do is connect eCS directky to the DSL device and if it
works there then the problem is in your netgear.

But is not the point that windows through the *same* kit has no
trouble? But in any case I am very suspicious of Netgear routers and
DNS. I would either run Bind locally or hard code external DNS servers
on all boxes. I have seen them stop serving wired connection requests
as soon as a wifi client gets connected.

that's why I asked for what I did. It is very possible ecs is getting the DHCP info differently than windoze.
I'm not a fan of netgear. Linksys as well has issues as well.

leon