From: "Dave Saville" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Tracerte, Delays and Unreachable Site
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:38:17 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:32:35 -0400 (EDT) Hakan wrote:

There does seem to be *something* odd with that address.

I just ran "tracerte -n salesforce.com" on my ECS server and on my
Ubuntu laptop. Both are on the same LAN but will have different WAN
IPs.  (I have real addresses.)  They both use my local bind9 resolver.

Both very quickly got to the 4.69.* but then diverged.

The Ubuntu one got to all *s at hop 12 and quickly got to 30. At which
point the ECS one had got to hop 8 - that being the first all *s. That
was some minutes ago and the ECS one has only just reached hop 26 :-)
Still all *s.

There is clearly a difference in tracerte code across platforms.
Unfortunately it is one of those *nix program that refuses to tell you
it's version. :-(

--
Regards

Dave Saville