From: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] OT: 3G to Wifi B/G/N hardware device
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 07:40:31 +1000

Mike O'Connor wrote:
On 2010-04-18 06:46 (AEST), Ed Durrant wrote:
Mike O'Connor wrote:

Hi Ed,

That sounds like an excellent device! I may even fork out the pennies to get one of them!

Regards,
Mike

In case you do decide to, the Australian retailer with the A$156.22 price (others are A$195 or the full A$199) is goodcomputers in Adelaide. -  http://www.goodcomputers.com.au/showproduct.php?productid=49976&constraints=Brand%3ANetComm%3BProduct%3ANetworking+products%3BNetworking+product%3ARouter Although they invite you to set up an account with them, you don't have to if you chose not to. Payment is by Paypal or credit card. Postage within Australia is A$12.

More details on the product here:

http://www.netcomm.com.au/netcomm-products/3g-mobile-broadband/3gt1wn

I forgot to say that here in Australia if you don't already have a 3G USB "dongle" modem, you can pick up ex business ones for A$20-A$25 and they work with the Pay as you go phone sims. You simply buy a SIM A$2 or A$20 depending upon the credit on the card and then either buy an Internet pack or transfer some of the existing credit to pay for the internet pack.

Hi Ed,

Thanks fior the additional information - I'll probably have it on the back-burner though until I get everything all nicely organised here!

Regards,
Mike

Hope to have mine by the end of next week, so I'll report back to all, my findings. may also include it in my Podcast.

--
Cheers/2

Ed

Please checkout my podcasts at: