Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Paul Smedley" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [OS2Wireless] ECS 2.0 and genmac
Datum: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 19:16:57 +0845
Za: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi Dave,

Dave Saville wrote:
I have a T43 with Atheros AR5212. RC7 sees this on install and installs
the genmac atheros ar5211 driver.

GA 2.0 does not see the card on install. :-(
Licensing issues with Atheros iirc from a conversation with Roderick on IRC - Atheros would not approve distribution of some older driver revisions with eCS - so they had to be removed.  Of course, the files are still available from netlabs.

After sorting that lot out I start XWlan. Setting WPA2-PSK results in a
string of errors in the wpa supplicant window. Luckily my router is in
WPA compat mode so switching to WPA-PSK gets a connection. Under Ubuntu the card works flawlessly to WPA2-PSK. Well it would :-)
On my todo list is to update wpasupplicant - perhaps that will help :)

Cheers,

Paul