From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] Another rosenthals.com group
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 23:30:50 -0400

Hi, Sam!

On 09/19/10 02:21 pm, Sam Lewis thus wrote :

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Thomas Dennis <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com <mailto:os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>> wrote:

    Dear Sir:
    I'm trying to connect two PCs together through my
    local Lan.  The problem is with the setup.
    It is not with OS2/eCS so is there somewhere else
    that I can contact you on the internet?
    Some might object to a discussion that has nothing
    to do with eCS!

I don't have a problem discussing things like that.  Sometimes there are non-OS/2 problems in a network that may appear to be an OS/2 problem.  So discussing generic/OS neutral network configurations could be beneficial to many of us.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Besides this list has been a bit quite so it could use some discussion.

Your perspective is welcome, as always. In this case, Thomas' problem was entirely related to Windows XP networking, and not even something cross-platform (if you've ever had a run-in with the "Simple Networking" "feature" of XP, coupled with its delightful built-in "firewall," you'll have a good idea as to what we had to fix to get his machines talking to each other...).

Still, I appreciate your point, and it is well taken. Many times, I run into things which are not specific to OS/2, but which could, under different circumstances, lead to the same types of difficulties.

Cheers/2

Rosenthal&  Rosenthal, LLC                www.2rosenthals.com
Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
visit my IT blog                www.2rosenthals.net/wordpress