From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] XWLan won't install on my T60
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 09:19:15 -0500

Hi, Julian...

On 12/07/10 04:59 pm, Julian Thomas thus wrote :
I migrated my desktop earlier this year.  Now I discover that XWLan (widget) isn't available - add
widget showed it as grayed out.  I downloaded the zipfile, unzipped it, and invoked instwdt.cmd
which barffed on trying to copy xwlan.dll (?).

Ecenter classes showed xwlan, and widgets also showed something, although it wasn't visible.
Deleted that, closed Ecenter, and install worked.  Rebooted, and xwlan is still grayed out; it
doesn't show in widgets, although the dll shows in classes.

How do I get this going?

I would boot to a prompt and ensure that the dll has been removed (remove the widget from the Ecenter first), then reboot and start clean.

Also, I usually install Xworkplace over EWP, so my experience has been with that rather than the latter. Still, I've not heard of anyone else having this trouble with Ecenter vs Xcenter, so I don't think that's what's ailing your setup.

Rosenthal&  Rosenthal, LLC                www.2rosenthals.com
Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
visit my IT blog                www.2rosenthals.net/wordpress
please do not add my address to any non-bcc mass mailings