From: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] T60 wireless intermittent - Intel 3945 a/b/g
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 02:45:25 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:58:30 -0500 (EST), Julian Thomas wrote:

>Gave up on trying to get the xwlan widget to install (prematurely, I think; I may not have been
>clicking in the proper section of the eCenter:-( and did a clean install of eCS 2.0 ga.
>
>Now xwlan is working and the wireless is working - but it keeps dropping out and restarting.  Not
>the router (wrt54gl) - another machine works without dropouts.  Not the NIC - the T60 booted to
>XP works without the dropouts.

Do you notice the WiFi LED light flashing for a time before it drops
the connection?  I have a T60 that also drops, but it is almost always
preceded by the light starting to flash, slowly then eventually faster
before it just turns off and the connection is DOA.

If I see the flashing, toggling the switch OFF/ON under the
front/lower-left corner of the KB, will put the light back to solid ON.

In many cases, though, if the connection does drop, I can use the xWLAN
widget menu to turn the radio OFF and then back ON.  The connection
resumes.

Carl