From: "Carl Gehr" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless] T60 wireless intermittent - Intel 3945 a/b/g
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 17:43:20 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 17:33:56 -0500 (EST), Julian Thomas wrote:

>>>Maybe bite the bullet and get another card.
>>>

>>>http://www.amazon.com/Intel-wireless-3945ABG-Network-Connection/dp/B000EDQOK8
>>>
>>>$19.95 and under
>>
>>No need to buy one.
>>
>>I can get ANOTHER one for free by just calling for service.
>>But, the card has already been replaced.  No change in the
>>behavior.
>>

>Do you have windows also on the machine?  How does it work there?  I don't see the same
>dropouts.

I've not tried Win*, but I've seen no drops with Ubuntu Linux.  I do
need to qualify this because I don't often leave Linux sitting open for
long periods unless it's doing updates.  The connection has not dropped
during an update, though; typically an hour or less.

The 'flashing' is completely unpredictable.  Sometimes it will sit for
a day or more without flashing and/or a dropped connection.  Other
times, like today for example, I've had to flip the 'under KB' switch a
half-dozen times because the indicator is flashing.