os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Messaggio archiviato #697

Da: "Chris Hodgkins" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Intestazioni complete
Messaggio non codificato
Oggetto: Wireless LAN Mon3, Genmac 2 and Injoy Firewalls wrapper, xWlan detecting wrong lan
Data: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:22:12 +0000
A: OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

Hi Gents,

Is there anyway in XWorkplace Wireless LAN Mon3 widget to tell it which
lan interface to use?

I have a T43 that's taking over from a T20 thinkpad laptop, it's been
working just fine using Genmac2 and XWLan3 and the Intel 8086:4224 Wifi
chipset, but every time I try to use the Injoy Firewall product and its
.nif wrapper driver the Wireless LAN widget tries to setup lan2, and as
there isn't a lan2 network adapter this fails.

Or is this a similar problem to when we have the Innotek VPC/2 driver
installed, and Genmac not working with wrapper drivers that need
promiscious mode.

cheers
--
Chris