From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Intel 3945 support in GenMAC
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:02:13 -0500

On 02/12/07 03:04 pm, Ed Durrant thus wrote :
Neil Waldhauer wrote:
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:13:59 -0500, "Lewis G Rosenthal"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

I would like to hear from those folks on this list who have machines with the above mini PCI Express adapter from Intel as to the following:

    * Your PCI ID string
    * What success you have had thusfar with GenMAC

Also, as a follow-up to the rest of the list, I'm interested in hearing who is considering a planned notebook upgrade this year, and whether you have considered the Wi-Fi hardware at this point.

Considering upgrading to a Thinkpad T42.

I've been considering making a short app to do a kind-of OS/2 eCS benchmark for
support. People say a machine works great, and then I find it barely works --
no network, disks on Int13 support, no sound, no usb, etc, etc. Better if they
could run my app and automatically see results on a website. (oops, only if
they have network running)

Neil

My (Works) T42 came with the Intel 2200BG card, not the 3945 - so support for the 2200BG card works for me - at least at version 1.6 and on eCS 1.2 and 2.0B3 - see my article in the current VOICE newsletter about Intel 2200BG install on my home laptop, a T30. I have been unable to get the latest version of Genmac that is included in eCS 2.0 Beta3 and 3a to work on my T30 (I added a Toshiba Intel 2200BG card to the T30).

I know the T43 came with the 3945ABG card.

Thanks, Ed. Actually, the T43 came with an intel 2915 tri-mode card, which is still mini-PCI. The T60 (as carl has pointed out) shps with the 3945, and it really was for him that I started this thread (and he has nicely chimed in!). :-)

Interesting that the latest GenMAC seems to have possibly broken the 2200BG support. Anyone else see this? I'm curious to know the actual PCI ID string in your 2200BG. I think Stan mentioned to me that not all 2200's were created equal (or he was concerned that that was the case).

BTW, you didn't get that stupid 1802 error on the T30 at bootup, did you?

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants                  www.ecomstation.com