From: "Rick R." <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Wireless LAN Mon3, Genmac 2 and Injoy Firewalls wrapper, xWlan detecting wrong lan
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 03:52:13 -0800 (PST)

The InJoy Firewall works on an Address, not a NIC basis.
You specify which address (range) is to be filtered, not what NIC.

Lewis G Rosenthal <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
On 02/13/07 01:22 am, Chris Hodgkins thus wrote :
> Hi Gents,
>
> Is there anyway in XWorkplace Wireless LAN Mon3 widget to tell it which
> lan interface to use?
>
> I have a T43 that's taking over from a T20 thinkpad laptop, it's been
> working just fine using Genmac2 and XWLan3 and the Intel 8086:4224 Wifi
> chipset, but every time I try to use the Injoy Firewall product and its
> .nif wrapper driver the Wireless LAN widget tries to setup lan2, and as
> there isn't a lan2 network adapter this fails.
>
> Or is this a similar problem to when we have the Innotek VPC/2 driver
> installed, and Genmac not working with wrapper drivers that need
> promiscious mode.

Hi, Chris (nice to settle into another on-topic discussion). I'm not
familiar with InJoy per se. Have you tried bumping InJoy to a higher
adapter number? My assumption is that InJoy is configuring its own
virtual adapter in there somewhere, and this is what is confusing XWLAN.
Currently, AFAIK, there is no way to override XWLAN's detection of
GenMAC's adapter number (as there was previously). Perhaps this is an
issue which is already known to Christian, but knowing him as I do, he
would have mentioned it in the docs, and I can find no such entry in the
docs.

Go to your PLUGINS\xwlan directory and open a command prompt. Run
dimtest.exe from there, and please post your results.

Also, for the heck of it, would you mind posting your PROTOCOL.INI?

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
New York / Northern Virginia www.2rosenthals.com
eComStation Consultants www.ecomstation.com
Novell Users Int'l www.novell.com/openenterpriseserver
Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot? www.hautspot.com

This list is hosted by Rosenthal & Rosenthal
P.O. Box 281, Deer Park, NY 11729-0281. Non-
electronic communications related to content
contained in these messages should be directed
to the above address. (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003)