From: "Leon D. Zetekoff" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Wireless LAN Mon3, Genmac 2 and Injoy Firewalls wrapper, xWlan detecting wrong lan
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:31:50 -0500

From what I remember about Injoy it does create a virtual adapter as you had to tell it which adapters Injoy was going to use. Now this is going back to my STi days but my guess is they haven't changed the way it works.

Leon

* Lewis G Rosenthal wrote, On 2/14/2007 4:47 AM:
On 02/13/07 01:22 am, Chris Hodgkins thus wrote :
Hi Gents,

Is there anyway in XWorkplace Wireless LAN Mon3 widget to tell it which
lan interface to use?

I have a T43 that's taking over from a T20 thinkpad laptop, it's been
working just fine using Genmac2 and XWLan3 and the Intel 8086:4224 Wifi
chipset, but every time I try to use the Injoy Firewall product and its
.nif wrapper driver the Wireless LAN widget tries to setup lan2, and as
there isn't a lan2 network adapter this fails.

Or is this a similar problem to when we have the Innotek VPC/2 driver
installed, and Genmac not working with wrapper drivers that need
promiscious mode.

Hi, Chris (nice to settle into another on-topic discussion). I'm not familiar with InJoy per se. Have you tried bumping InJoy to a higher adapter number? My assumption is that InJoy is configuring its own virtual adapter in there somewhere, and this is what is confusing XWLAN. Currently, AFAIK, there is no way to override XWLAN's detection of GenMAC's adapter number (as there was previously). Perhaps this is an issue which is already known to Christian, but knowing him as I do, he would have mentioned it in the docs, and I can find no such entry in the docs.

Go to your PLUGINS\xwlan directory and open a command prompt. Run dimtest.exe from there, and please post your results.

Also, for the heck of it, would you mind posting your PROTOCOL.INI?

--
*Leon Zetekoff*
Proprietor

See who we know in common <http://www.linkedin.com/e/wwk/1265359/> Want a signature like this? <http://www.linkedin.com/e/sig/1265359/>