From: "Neil Waldhauer" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: New notebooks
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:31:41 -0800

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:22:53 -0500, "Lewis G Rosenthal"
<os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

> I think that it's more the fact that it is a PCI Express machine with
> SATA drive architecture than anything else (though I understand that
> there are sound issues with it, as well). More and more of the newer
> generation of machines will be SATA and will have PCI Express instead of
> mini-PCI, and this, of course, is someting we need to watch in the
> market and be prepared to support.

The T60 is using a graphics chipset that isn't supported by SNAP. I'd guess
that it would be slower than my old T21. With no sound support, and slow
graphics, it sounds like a poor choice.

But I've got to thank the people who go out an buy these things, and then post
how poorly they worked under eCS. It helps me to make my decision for my future
machines.

Neil
--
Neil Waldhauer, neil@blondeguy.com

As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.