From: "Ed Durrant" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [OS2Wireless]PCI-S & SATA (Was:Re: Intel 3945 support in GenMAC)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:11:32 +1100

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

I think that it's more the fact that it is a PCI Express machine with SATA drive architecture than anything else (though I understand that there are sound issues with it, as well). More and more of the newer generation of machines will be SATA and will have PCI Express instead of mini-PCI, and this, of course, is someting we need to watch in the market and be prepared to support.

Thanks for clarifying the issue with the T30, Ed. ;-)

Before I get too far off topic - let me simply add that I am running eCS and OS/2 on this machine which is a SATA / PCI-express system, albeit towerPC not a laptop, so at least with the chipset used on this ASUS M2V-TVM motherboard, we already appear to have the necessary support. So the T60 "may" work, apart from the usual WinModem problems.

Cheers/2

Ed.