Gönderim Listesi os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com Ar?vli ?leti #791

Gönderen: "Will Honea" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> Tam Ba?l?klar
Çözülmemi? ?leti
Konu: Re: [OS2Wireless]Re: Intel 3945 support in GenMAC
Tarih: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:39:38 -0700
Alacak: "OS/2 Wireless Users Mailing List" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com>

** Reply to message from "Jan van Wijk" <os2-wireless_users@2rosenthals.com> on
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:52:57 +0100 (CET)

> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 01:57:15 -0700, Will Honea wrote:
>
> >I've got two models of Toshiba's - one a model 105, the other a 115 dual
> >Centrino.  Both install eCS just fine.  Sound works, LAN works, Genmac
> >recognizes the 3945abg wireless but I haven't had time to fiddle with
> >WLAN/XWLAN yet.
>
> I'd be very interested to hear if you get it to work properly.
>
> I noticed a Toshiba P100-443 for sale at the computer-shop
> arround the corner from my place :-)
>
> It is a Core 2 Duo, with 2Gb of Ram and a 160 Gb disk,
> with the Intel 945 chipset, so video should be supported by SNAP,
> an it has the 3945 wireless chipset ...
>
> Looks like a good upgrade from the T42 I have now that
> only has a 1024x768 screen, which is about the most
> limiting factor at the moment.
>
> Of course the extra speed and RAM are very welcome too :-)

Sounds like a decent setup.  I had the 3945 actually connected using WEP over
the weekend but never got WPA set up right.  The only real issue I have with
the Toshibas is the screen.  Native resolution is 1200x800 on these and I have
yet to figure out how to get SNAP to recognize the thing.  It displays
correctly but the scan runs off the edges and you have to scroll to see it all.
I'll figure it out one of these days...

--
Will Honea <whonea@whonea.net>

Abone ol: Bildirim, Derleme, Fihrist.